Led by Dr. Paul George | City Tours, HistoryMiami Museum
Enjoy a leisurely stroll through the historic heart of Miami, walking with acclaimed HistoryMiami Museum historian, Dr. Paul George, and hear the roller coaster history of the LGBT community in the earliest urban settlement in the area, Downtown Miami. Explore the 10,000 years of history that made South Florida what it is today, while you hear what is currently making this neighborhood one of the fastest-growing areas in Florida. Take a closer look at Downtown, and learn how it became home to many museums, parks, and education centers, exploring the unique features of a city that continues to strive to become the “Manhattan of the South.” (Limited to 30 participants)
About Dr. Paul George
Paul S. George is a native Miamian who holds a PhD in history from Florida State University. Dr. George is a professor of history at Miami Dade College, Wolfson, and resident historian for HistoryMiami Museum. He is a past president of both the Florida Historical Society and the Lynn and Louis Wolfson II Florida Moving Image Archives. The author of 15 books and more than 200 articles, Dr. George conducts more than 50 different historical tours of Miami and southeast Florida.
About City Tours | HistoryMiami Museum
HistoryMiami Museum offers educational tour opportunities for adults and students of all ages to learn more about the history of the region. This tour includes a one-time free admission pass to the Museum.
1075 Biscayne Blvd
Miami, FL 33132
• Paid parking is available for both shoppers and guests attending events at the American Airlines Arena
• Valet parking is available during some special events in the downtown area
• Two van-accessible handicap parking spaces are provided at the south service road in front of the property, with an additional two spaces behind the Hard Rock Cafe
• Taxicab stands are positioned at the front of the center
• Stroller parking is available adjacent to the property in the Bayside Parking Garage
Note that for Metrorail, riders must use an EASY Card/Ticket to pay their fare by tapping it on the station faregates. EASY Cards/Tickets can be purchased in advance at all Metrorail stations or online.
Tickets (inclusive of all applicable fees) are available for $23.00 per person. Click here to purchase tickets.
MEET UP LOCATION: Museum Park – at the entrance to the magnificent Georg Stage ship.